National Institutes of Natural Sciences (NINS) Website
The following is the website policy for the National Institutes of Natural Sciences, an Inter-University Research Institute Corporation (hereby referred to as “NINS”) (http://www.nins.jp/ below in full).
- Links to the NINS website (hereby referred to as this website) are generally allowed without prior notification. However, links are prohibited in the following cases:
- Links from websites that operate for profit or solicitation purposes, or links that contain content which defeat the purpose of NINS
- Links that open this website in a manner in which the content can only be seen in part on the website of the link source (smaller frames within the link, etc.)
- Direct links to separate articles, images, or terminal files
- As URLs other than that of the top page (http://www.nins.jp/) may change at any time without notice, please always address links to the top page.
- When posting a link, please send an e-mail at including the page that the link represents and URL, contents and URL of the website of the link source, and intended use of the link, etc.
When posting a link to the page of a relevant department, please also include the top page. Also, since each Inter-University Research Institute operates and manages its own website, please follow the policies posted on each website when linking to them. Please be aware that events such as system shutdowns may occur on the web server without warning.
- Please be aware that URL changes are not reported to linked websites.
- Feel free to use the banner below when linking to this website.
2. Prohibited Items
The following items are prohibited on this website.
- Copying, sending, forwarding, distributing, or sharing of any information with a third party without permission in part or in whole
- Sending or installing of harmful computer programs
- Any activities that may damage the trust of or hinder the operations of the providers of this website
- Any activities that is in violation of the law
All contents on this website made public through the internet are subject to copyright. Also, this website in its entirety is subject to copyright as the work of its editor, and is protected by the Copyright Act of Japan and international conventions.
All created and edited information on this website is considered contents. This includes not only text, but also screen images, pictures, charts, voice data, video data, etc. Also, all copyrights concerning layout, design and structure also belong to NINS.
Excluding special cases, any copying of the contents from this website or re-use of the contents in publication or digital media, etc. without permission from the copyright holder is a violation of copyright. Other than private use or quoting in a manner deemed legal according to the Copyright Act, copying or republishing any contents on this website without permission from NINS is prohibited.
The contents of this website are not meant as solicitation of investment. Users should use their own discretion and act responsibly when making use of information attained from this website. All contents on this website are created based on the data and information that are deemed accurate as of the date of creation; however, NINS and information providers are not responsible for the accuracy, relevance, integrity, etc. of the contents. NINS and information providers are not responsible for any problem or loss cauesd by such information.
This website may contain links to non-NINS affiliated websites for the convenience of the users. NINS and information providers are not responsible for the reliability of the contents on those websites. NINS and information providers are not responsible for any problem or loss caused by such information.
5. Operating Environment
It is recommended that you view this website using the following operating environment. However, even with the recommended browser, there are cases when users cannot access this website, or this website does not display correctly due to user settings.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, or higher
Macintosh Safari 3.1, or higher
* Please use plug-ins (included in video content) when playing videos.
This website is operated and managed in accordance with Japanese laws.